About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday fartlek

Another solid session last night. happy with the warm up around Yokine before going into a 6 x 400 hard 400 easy session. chased the grasshopper for the whole night and I think its about time I tried extra hard to catch him. (Few more sessions yet) Going into the first 400 felt good and I worked to keep it controlled without being stupid about it. At the end of the this I dropped quickly into the recovery , got my breathe back and then got back into a steady pace as soon as I could. This felt good and reminded me of the old days when the whole session was just a cranked out effort. The next 400 was at the same pace as the first and this seemed to remain the pattern for the whole sessions. it did require a lot more effort over the last 2 reps to keep the intensity their but hey... that's running.

Really pleased that there were no niggles with either calf...THANKS DOIGY....(I'll be in again next week so you can continue to work your painful magic)..

Finished off with an easy cool down before heading into a light stretching session while I watched Carter doing core stability work..

Barrel on Wombats...

After thought.
Just read one of the comments left by a follower and blazer makes a valid point...Juggling all the balls between work and family and sport is really hard but it is a necessity of life.What I have observed more often than not is that when a person drops one of the balls it is usually the self time before work and family. To be a complete person people need the me time and the family time is also extremely important . These two should come before work which is easier said than done because work brings in the money that pays the bills and puts food on the table. The problem is though if you don't unwind you end up not being able to perform at work or provide for the family with emotional support because you are end up a basket case too.

The Wombat Warrior has seen too many of his friends die young while missing so much of what life has to offer...Do the things you enjoy and do them with your family and enjoy your life..

2 comments:

  1. Mate, I sensed something was happening and this confirms it. The motivation is clear to see and the form is coming...looking forward to following the return of the Wombat Warrior....I trust it is going to be a journey back to the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like some wombat WARRIORness there...the heart of the champion always is waiting to be stirred...and radar is obviously a good judge of stuff...Reps always ask us the question how far do we want to go...interesting reading your post re the whole life balance thing...I think spirituality is also important factor...I am also hoping to work into some reps/intervals more like the levels I have done in the now distant past this year, although I'd be more than happy with a 10k time within 10minutes of you legends at the moment...

    ReplyDelete