About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Wombat's April Training Log...


April's Training Log....

Wed 1st 2miles
Thurs 2nd 7 miles (session)
Fri 3rd 2 miles
Sat 4th 2 miles
Sun 5th 10 miles (Bridges)
Mon 6th 6 miles (Achilles sore)
Tues 7th 2 miles (Achilles Stiff)
Wed 8th 2 miles
Thurs 9th 6 miles (session)(Started Achilles strengthening program)
Fri 10th 3miles
Sat 11th 3miles
Sun 12th 15miles (am)
Mon 13th 3 miles (am)Into Emergency Shortness of breath
Tues 14th 3 miles(am) Saw GP No physical exertion Activities limit to walking
Wed 15th (No run) Blood tests
Thur 16th (No run)
Friday 17th (No run)
Sat 18th (No run)
Sun 19th (No run)
Mon 20th (No run)
Tues 21st (No run)
Wed 22nd (No run)
Thur 23rd (No run) Blood tests clear, no indication of viral infection however Spiro test indicates that my asthma medication needs to be reviewed. Now on 400mg Symbicort twice a day. All indications pointed to Asthma issue which concerned me due to the suddenness of the attack and the fact that on the Sunday I had no medication out on the run. Given the all clear to start running but gradual build up and carry medication with me on runs. Review in 6 weeks.
Fri 24th 3 miles First run since speaking with GP
Sat 25th 3 miles (wedgetail loop)
Sun 26th 3 miles (3 laps of the loop)
Mon 27th 4 miles (Hyde Park session)
Tues 28th 3 miles (wedgetail loop)
Wed 29th 3 miles (wedgetail loop)
thurs 30th 4 miles (yokine)
Month's Total 89 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment