About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday and the Wombat tests the resolve...

I am coming to realise that its not the body that is the issue as we get older , its the continual banter that goes on in your head when its time to do something that the body does not really want to do.. I know that like these steps its a bloody long way to the top but getting there is what makes you appreciate the view that so much more once your there.

Don't get me wrong there are things that I know will be bloody tough when it comes time to doing them and I know I still have a long way to go however at this point in time I feel that anything is possible as long as I give myself a chance and don't sabotage my own efforts. Yes we are our own worst enemies at times...

As the Doig Myster tells me "Rome was not built in a day , nor are come backs" Very deep from one so young maybe he is more than just a damn good torturer sorry I mean massage therapist.

Tonight went out and covered the minimum 2 miles for the night, not happy but again, and I keep saying it, at least I put the shoes on and got out the door. More than I was doing three months ago.... My right achilles has recovered well after an easy night last night and a pathetic but token gesture tonight.(stay focused old man) I am constantly reminding myself about the reasons as to why I run rather than considering the pain and locking onto the negatives, as hard as this is at times. I do this because I know that if I give myself a good enough reason I may just lay down and stop trying again... Shit if you want inspiration just watch Bob on the biggest loser ( he has wombat built into him)...

Remember others can only inspire us, motivation comes from within.. give yourself a reason to day and get out there and "show us your wombat"

Barrel on wombats...

No comments:

Post a Comment