About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Wombat never say's die.... Wednesday/Thursday runs

Wednesday 8th. Another mind game and while the achilles is stiff at least its not sore..Covered the token 2 miles that is the standard minimum..
Thursday 9th. Yokine session with the group. Easy 3km warm up around the reserve then a solid speed session. Tonight was solid and a test for the leg which turned out to be OK. I am now running with my orthopedics in my shoes. At the present time I am nursing a blister the size of Tasmania. The blister being a bit like Tasmania at the 1982 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in that I know its there but I am trying to ignore it. My achilles was not sore during the session but it was tight and stiff..(more on this later).
Tonight was good to watch, everyone worked hard to stay strong and solid throughout and watching athletes suck in air like it was a gift from the Gods showed that all were doing it tough.(bring on the wombat).
The session started long and progressively got shorter and faster.
1200m (3m44s) (1m30s recovery)
800m (2m32s) (75sec recovery)
800m(2m30s) (75 s recovery)
400m(1m23s) (60s recovery)
400m (1m23s)(60s recovery)
400m (1m18s)(60s recovery)
200m x 4 with 45 s recovery (36s,34s,32s,32s)
Easy 3km cool down
(6mile night)
Happy with the session but as I keep saying still a bloody long way to go...At the moment I feel I lack in all aspects, speed, endurance and speed endurance as well as strength. I know that this will come but like a kids who is waiting for Christmas it never comes fast enough. Why can't it be like a rocky movie ...4 months of effort , bloody sweat and tears compacted into a 3 minute compilation segment..(All good things come to those who wait.)

Have a good Friday followers and a safe and festive Easter...Spend some with your families and like the wombat try and sneak out of the burrow to get your run in without upsetting Mrs Wombat :)).

Barrel on wombats....

No comments:

Post a Comment