About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wombats are dogged...


Okay so where do you start to be a wombat... you become territorial. This means your exercise time is protected, interfere with it and your a dead man. Obviously you need to identify a time when this is least likely to be waylaid.
Start with something small, Something like walk jog a mile and do this for a week. That's how I got started again slowly slowly. Then build on. after a week up the mark to walk jog for 2 miles then 3miles then try and jog for the whole three miles. Believe it or not this is how its done. Slowly slowly, steady steady.... The wombat builds its strength...
The funny thing about exercise is the more you do the more you want to do. You start to develop a fitness level that makes you realise you can do other things.
Over time things improve and you reach a new plateau and believe me when I say that is where the fun begins.
Come on Start today..
Barrel on wombats...

No comments:

Post a Comment