About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Very Looooooong day....

A late post tonight due to a very late run, fortunately its a full moon here in the west tonight and more so that the wombat is a nocturnal animal.

The time in Perth at the moment is 10.57pm. I woke this morning , as did Mrs Wombat at 5.40am. No, not to go for a run but to take the little wombats and 2 of their mates water skiing. The dam is a good 2 hours drive and we wanted to make a day of it. At the present time gone are the days when I would get up to run at 4am in the morning because I had to travel at 6am. (did that a few times as have many of you I bet)As I am the only one with a skippers ticket it also meant that I drove the boat all day too. We eventually arrived at the dam by 9.45am skied all day, packed up and drove home to come in the drive way, after getting a meal in Pinjarra, at roughly 9.45pm.

At this point I unpacked the boat and when everyone went to bed at 10.10pm I went for a run. Mind you tonight was a token gesture of 4 miles run in 30 minutes so a tad over the 7min miles pace by my reckoning. Still I was very happy as a little part of me was putting up the arguments of it being too late to run and I could leave it tomorrow. The full moon made visibility easier and the evening was an absolute gem. Stirred up a few dogs running past properties at this hour and I wonder how many thought foxes were at the chickens.

Sitting her with my cuppa tea typing this I am feeling pretty stoked that I got the run on the board as it means I can move another step closer to reaching my goal...

As for me? Well I am going to crash for some well earned rest. Tomorrow brings another day of exercise and greeting the day.

Barrel on wombats....

1 comment: