About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Friday, January 14, 2011

One of those mornings...



This morning I was chewing a brick. Everything was a battle from putting on my shoes to getting out the door to taking the first step. It did not help that I took the young wombats to see 'Tron' . The session did not get started until 9.10pm so by the time we got home it was well past midnight. ( The words of Mona ringing in my ears " It does not matter what you did the night before as long as your there for the session")



Well not quite a session this one but a run just the same and at my junction in life at the moment every run is important to building the fitness and staying on the good looking side of the 'Man Mirror' . (Mrs wombat complains when she looks in the mirror however my man mirror seems to always portray me as " loooooooking Good". Most blokes have these mirrors). However I digress. My run was not enjoyed or maybe I would not let myself enjoy it. My legs ached , it seemed that my ankles did not exist and like a fellow athlete 'Jas' my knees refused to work. This meant that the first point at which my legs actually moved was through the hips.


A very slight breeze, warm , blew across kangaroo rise as I made my way over the small gravel incline heading towards Malmalling. This morning I did not even contemplate doing a loop of the small testing little circuit which I have created around this area. Actually look forward to when I am race fit to giving this a good hit out, but not today.

Came out onto the Molloy and then climbed back to the front gate. Just one of those runs where you tick the box. Sometimes its tough being a wombat (eats roots shoots and leaves) and this morning was one of those internal battles that everyone has once in a while. But at the end of the day I won because I did the run.

Hope you win your battle today.




Barrel on Wombats...


No comments:

Post a Comment