About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Three days solid...

It never gets easier... Just as you feel your getting fitter you increase the mileage a tad and you find that your not. Another three days from the home base burrow and while I am subconsciously getting faster its not getting any easier.

I have added a small 1.21mile loop into my current course. This pretty much means I come off the gravel rise hit the road and turn right and head up a long steady climb. Of the loop roughly a mile of it involves climbing. Its runnable but its not pleasant.

I have settled down a little and am running a constant 5 miles each day at the moment just to let every thing get back in place. I am also trying to get into a routine which will remain in place once I start back at work on Thursday. This will be the true test for me.

Anyway the small loop is now being covered in 8m 16s and guess what it feels just as hard as when I was covering it in 8minutes 50 seconds.

Even yesterday during the run I though" Bloody hell I must be crawling " a quick look at the garmin and I noticed that Mars was rather hot, more importantly it was telling me that I was clipping along at a 6.30mile pace. Now I know that this is not about to set the world on fire but let me tell you, it is significantly faster than I was running several weeks ago.

Keep up the good work to anyone who has maintained a run every day this year that's 25 done or 50 if you are running twice a day.

Don't get down on yourself and self destruct if you have missed a couple of days. Get back out there when you can. Don't look at a missed day as a reason to throw in the towel. Just shoe up and head out when you can and maybe I'll see you out there.

Barrel on wombats...

No comments:

Post a Comment