About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Polar Express...

Normally, as I cruise over Wedge-tail plans, I am greeted by a mob of Kangaroos looking at me and wondering "Whats this idiot on about". Tonight with clearer skies and the temperature plummeting my audience had changed....Butlers watched my every move

I can't complain, I guess, the last few days have required fins, snorkel and mask to complete, tonight it was more a case of "I cant feel my fingers" ( Mind you I can't touch my toes either, not that I can see that as a critical element in tying up shoe laces , unless of course your knees don't work) 

The run was easy but still a grind, I'm pretty sure that despite my pace I should be able to manage the commentary on City to Surf day. Watching Penguins bound away I soon realised that hypothermia was possible the reason for the big greys looking more like butlers and I simply needed to suck it up and keep  moving.

Glancing at my watch, yeah I know but don't start me off on that soap box again, I notice I'm cruising at a very steady 5min/km pace. I let my mind wonder back to a time when this was my mile pace. Still I cant complain , my calf has not annoyed me tonight ... Ping..Shit bugga bum... thought too soon, adjust running style, limp home and try not to think about it... I love getting old , its such a wonderful sensation to creak, groan and shuffle my way around my homely burrow. Still I am moving so that must be a positive... I wonder how long before my watch can make me a cappuccino on the go, oh look I've burnt half a calorie, gee that it really useful information... Note to self

I make it home and take the shoes off . Heading straight for the shower, after which I will tell my young wombats about the penguins I saw out on the run tonight....

Barrel on wombats...

PS Good luck to all the crew racing the state Half marathon this Sunday... Go Mr Caulfield!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment