About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wombat's next challenge...

Sibo in answer to your question after the Busso half the wombat's next challenge will be the Perth half marathon.

I feel like I have made a good recovery from my breathing issues, I covered the Busso half and achieved my goal off an interrupted last week and a half lead up so it is now time to up the anti and start to play in Carter's back yard... They say (not sure who they are) that we older wombats lose some of our speed however we tend to maintain an ability over distance in terms of endurance fitness. Well I think I need to try and step up to the plate again and be a fly in the ointment. This gives me a little over a month to toughen up and get some more tempo runs under my belt as well as get back into the hills (along with my puffer)......


I have managed to get back into the routine of getting out every day despite some of the outings only being 1 mile but at the end of the day I still got out there. I plan to get out twice on day on some occasions which will really test the old constitution.... lets see if the shoe fits you out there.

Keep the comments coming and remember the next time we race the feeling that someone is chasing you may just be the wombat getting ready to "Barrel On by" ..Look out Carter I'm chasing!!!!!!!
Barrel on Wombats

1 comment:

  1. keep on barreling! I plan on being at the Perth Half too along with several hundred others. greta course that one!

    ReplyDelete