About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Friday, June 5, 2009

A tough week nearly gone...

That "I'm rooted" feeling never seems to take long to come back once you begin to establish a routine... This week has been pretty solid by comparison for the wombat and although the distance is down the quality went up.....


I am finding the hardest thing to do is get back to the stage where I can cover the ground quickly and efficiently. I know it will eventually come but boy oh boy I can't wait until it does. on any and all of my runs at the moment if I come to a hill, which is not hard to do up here in Wombatsville, I am lifting the pace to get up and over.

Sunday: 6 miles around Wedgetail Loop and Kangaroo Rise.
Monday: am 3 miles along Kangaroo Rise
pm Hyde Park Session 3xfigure 8s moving from half marathon pace to 5km pace then 3 x hill sprints. Ran 2 sets of these with a 90sec recovery in between the two sets (3m55s) (3m52s)(3m54s)(3m52s)(3m53s)(3m50s).
Tuesday:1 mile
Wednesday:3miles cold wet and windy.
Thursday: 8 miles at yokine W/U then 3x1.3km circuit involving 120m hill climb, 340m hill climb and 25om surge broken up with float in between x 2 sets. (Absolutely smashed)
Friday: 6 miles Along Wedgetail loop and Kangaroo Rise
Saturday : am 6 miles Along Wedgetail loop and Kangaroo Rise
pm 3 miles

Weight is fluctuating between 66kg and 67.5kg. But I think this will flatten out once the routine is well and truly established. On Monday I put the feelers out for some help from a very wise and crusty old Wombat Warrior and was stoked this Friday when he responded that he would help give me some more direction in terms of building up and stabilising my program.... Its a long and winding road but he aint heavy he's my brother... Time will tell if I am worthy of the old wombats words of wisdom..

Barrel on wombats

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to give us more of a hint? Did he happen to be in Berlin in September 1990?

    ReplyDelete