About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wax on Wax off........

I remember the karate kid " Wax on Wax off".... and the question that he asked in relation to the relevance of waxing a car and learning karate... Once he was shown it made sense. Its the little things done over and over again that sometimes collectively make the biggest impact...

I reminded myself of that this week. Since last Saturday I have had this bloody head cold and I can't seem to shake it. Initially, under Mrs Wombats insistence, I backed off. I still got out each day. My frustration came On Tuesday when I was out doing my session and moving along well. Wednesday morning I wake to feel like crud. Thursday I put together a fantastic 17.5km session and Friday I am shattered, Then again today , my breathing is fine but I'm hot and cold and ordinary.... Whats the point of the token runs... Then I remind myself ..its the little things we do that sometimes have the biggest impact.... If I don't run I will beat up on myself, if I at least get out the door then I am winning the head game. I also say to myself that I feel sure one of my competitors would not have trained today so that puts me one up on them... even if I have only run a mile then that is one more mile than them... each step takes me closer to the starting line putting me into a position to have a crack at my goal... Each run is one less excuse that I can offer myself when I do stand on the line and each time I get out of the door I have beaten that little negative voice that each of us has which so often creates the doubt that causes us to stop doing something.....

Wax on Wax off...... funny how things trigger a thought pattern,mind you when you run for 2 hours you gotta think about something....

" I can because I believe I can".... " I did because I believed I could".....

Barrel on wombats......

2 comments:

  1. Well Wombat Warrier i have managed to get out of the door three times since i last posted a comment to you. Great entry for the 11th and what a great movie the karate kid was.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit (add a little to a little and there will be a great heap)

    Wombat on!

    ReplyDelete