About Me

My photo
The older I get the better I was... but after many years of idle burrowing the candle of desire is still burning and I have come to realise that running is as much a part of me as my heart and lungs... In Christmas 2008 I was 82kg and was not running a step..This is my journey , the journey of the wombat...Dogged...determined...persistent...and maybe a little grumpy.. but like the wombat my journey is territorial, its about running and I am going to work to protect it...Come along for the ride and see if I can become the wombat warrior. 2009 was a mixed bag for the wombat's journey.A top ten placing in both the Bridges and the City Surf brought a small sense of achievement but also a degree of frustration.... I think I can do better and better I will in 2010. A better run in the Busso Half iron man in support of TV in his swim and bike ride and that was about the extent of my racing. Lets see what happens in 2010 as "My journey Continues". Now in 2011 the wombat will continue his journey, but not alone the wombat has a youngling who knows how to dig. 2015 and its a new beginning , time goes on and the journey to the 2016 World Masters is under way.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

City to Surf..... Get a woggle on...

The hype has started and the bets have begun.... For those who have made the "one beer too many" bets its time that you actually got outside and put one foot in front of the other in rapid succession.. This is called training and will give you at least a realistic chance of covering the 12km....

If you have done no training what soever and when attempting to get out of your chair to look for the remote causes you shortness of breathe I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you from even thinking about running the half or full marathon distances.

Start with a walk each day before introducing any form of running and eventually swap a walk day for a run day.. you may find that what you begin to do ( as I like to describe it) is "woggle" or "woggling" (This is my term for a pace that is faster than a walk, just, but slower than a jog, just.)

Woggerling could sometimes be seen as moon walking forwards. The feet give the appearance of not actually leaving the ground yet the body is moving forwards. Woggerling is not to be confused with the "Cliff young Shuffle" This action is deceptively quick and resulted in Cliff winning the prized ultra run.

Anyway enough of the banter, if your going to do the 4k, or 12k then its time to start getting ready for the big day..

Barrel on wombats...

2 comments:

  1. hopefully the C2S full for me, done the half the last 2 years, hopefully a bit quicker than the 4.41 i did in the Perth marathon on the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be a tougher course Blazer....

    ReplyDelete